A pure Go implementation of the WebRTC API
See DESIGN.md for an overview of features and future goals.
Pion WebRTC v2.0.0 is coming soon! HEAD will be unstable for the next few weeks as we prepare for the new release. See the release notes to learn about the new features breaking changes.
Have any questions? Join the Slack channel to follow development and speak with the maintainers.
Use the tag v1.2.0 if you'd like to continue using the v1.0 API in the meantime. After v2.0 is released v1.0 will be deprecated and unmaintained.
Check out the example applications to help you along your Pion WebRTC journey.
Now go forth and build some awesome apps! Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Send a video file to multiple browser in real time for perfectly synchronized movie watching.
- Send a webcam on an embedded device to your browser with no additional server required!
- Securely send data between two servers, without using pub/sub.
- Record your webcam and do special effects server side.
- Build a conferencing application that processes audio/video and make decisions off of it.
The library is in active development, please refer to the roadmap to track our major milestones.
We are always looking to support your projects. Please reach out if you have something to build!
If you need commercial support or don't want to use public methods you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- pions/turn: A simple extendable Golang TURN server
- [WIP] pions/media-server: A Pion WebRTC powered media server, providing the building blocks for anything RTC.
Check out the contributing wiki to join the group of amazing people making this project possible:
- John Bradley - Original Author
- Michael Melvin Santry - Mascot
- Raphael Randschau - STUN
- Sean DuBois - Original Author
- Michiel De Backker - SDP, Public API, Project Management
- Brendan Rius - Cleanup
- Konstantin Itskov - SDP Parsing
- chenkaiC4 - Fix GolangCI Linter
- Ronan J - Fix STCP PPID
- Max Hawkins - RTCP
- Justin Okamoto - Fix Docs
- leeoxiang - Implement Janus examples
- Denis - Adding docker-compose to pion-to-pion example
- earle - Generate DTLS fingerprint in Go
- Jake B - Fix Windows installation instructions
- Michael MacDonald
- Oleg Kovalov Use wildcards instead of hardcoding travis-ci config
- Woodrow Douglass RTCP, RTP improvements, G.722 support, Bugfixes
- Tobias Fridén SRTP authentication verification
- Yutaka Takeda Fix ICE connection timeout
- Hugo Arregui Fix connection timeout
- Rob Deutsch RTPReceiver graceful shutdown
- Jin Lei - SFU example use http
- Will Watson - Enable gocritic
- Luke Curley
- Antoine Baché - OGG Opus export
- frank - Building examples on OSX
- adwpc - SFU example with websocket
- imalic3 - SFU websocket example with datachannel broadcast
- Žiga Željko
MIT License - see LICENSE for full text