orchestrator is a MySQL high availability and replication management tool, allowing for:
orchestrator actively crawls through your topologies and maps them. It reads basic MySQL info such as replication status and configuration.
It provides you with slick visualization of your topologies, including replication problems, even in the face of failures.
orchestrator understands replication rules. It knows about binlog file:position, GTID, Pseudo GTID, Binlog Servers.
Refactoring replication topologies can be a matter of drag & drop a replica under another master. Moving replicas around is safe:
orchestrator will reject an illegal refactoring attempt.
Fine-grained control is achieved by various command line options.
orchestrator uses a holistic approach to detect master and intermediate master failures. Based on information gained from the topology itself, it recognizes a variety of failure scenarios.
Configurable, it may choose to perform automated recovery (or allow the user to choose type of manual recovery). Intermediate master recovery achieved internally to
orchestrator. Master failover supported by pre/post failure hooks.
Recovery process utilizes orchestrator's understanding of the topology and of its ability to perform refactoring. It is based on state as opposed to configuration:
orchestrator picks the best recovery method by investigating/evaluating the topology at the time of recovery itself.
- Command line interface (love your debug messages, take control of automated scripting)
- Web API (HTTP GET access)
- Web interface, a slick one.
- Highly available
- Controlled master takeovers
- Manual failovers
- Failover auditing
- Audited operations
- Datacenter/physical location awareness
- MySQL-Pool association
- HTTP security/authentication methods
- Coupled with orchestrator-agent, seed new/corrupt instances
- There is also an orchestrator-mysql Google groups forum to discuss topics related to orchestrator
Read the Orchestrator documentation
- Orchestrator Puppet module: https://github.com/github/puppet-orchestrator-for-mysql
- Orchestrator Chef Cookbook: https://github.com/silviabotros/chef-orchestrator/
- Nagios / Icinga check based on Orchestrator API: https://github.com/mcrauwel/go-check-orchestrator
Get started developing Orchestrator by reading the developer docs. Thanks for your interest!
orchestrator is free and open sourced under the Apache 2.0 license.