Jive Search (name subject to change) is the open source search engine that does not track you. Pages are ranked based on their upvotes.
Table of Contents
- Browser Support
- Quick start
- Bugs and feature requests
- Copyright and license
- Go to Jive Search's homepage.
- Start searching.
- Upvote or downvote the pages!
go get -u github.com/jivesearch/jivesearch
Requires Elasticsearch and Redis.
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/jivesearch/jivesearch/search/crawler && go run ./cmd/crawler.go --workers=75 --time=5m --debug=true
Requires Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL.
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/jivesearch/jivesearch/frontend && go run ./cmd/frontend.go --debug=true
Wikipedia Dump File
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/jivesearch/jivesearch/instant/wikipedia/cmd/dumper && go run dumper.go --workers=3 --dir=/path/to/wiki/files --text=true --data=true --truncate=400
Our goal is to create a search engine that respects your privacy AND delivers great search results, instant answers, maps, image search, news, and more.
Marked items indicate progress has been made in that category. There is much more to do in each area. Suggestions are welcome!
- Core Search Results & Distributed Crawler
- Language & Region
- Advanced Search (exact phrase, dogs OR cats, -cats, site/domain search, etc.)
- Time Search (past year/month/day/hour, etc.
- Phrase Suggester (a.k.a. "Did You Mean?")
- Instant Answers
- Birthstone, camelcase, characters, coin toss, frequency, POTUS, prime, random, reverse, stats, user agent, etc.
- Discography/Music albums
- Basic calculator
- Mortgage, financial and other calculators
- Converters (meters to feet, mb to gb, etc...)
- Basic calculator
- Package Tracking (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc...)
- Stack Overflow
- Stock Quotes & Charts
- Wikipedia summary
- Wikidata answers (how tall is, birthday, etc.)
- Many more instant answers (including from 3rd party APIs)
- Translate trigger words and answers to other languages?
- Image Search
- Video Search
- Flight Info & Status
- Custom Themes
Jive Search's documentation is hosted on GoDoc Page at here.
Want to contribute? Great!
Search for existing and closed issues. If your problem or idea is not addressed yet, please open a new issue.