- YOU MUST READ Contributing Code BEFORE STARTING TO WORK ON A PULL REQUEST.
- Due to testing purpose, data of try.gogs.io was reset in Jan 28, 2015 and will reset multiple times after. Please do NOT put your important data on the site.
- The demo site try.gogs.io is running under
- If you think there are vulnerabilities in the project, please talk privately to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the name you want to be credited as. Thanks!
- If you're interested in using APIs, we have experimental support with documentation.
- If your team/company is using Gogs and would like to put your logo on our website, contact us by any means.
This project aims to build a simple, stable and extensible self-hosted Git service that can be setup in the most painless way. With Go, this can be done with an independent binary distribution across ALL platforms that Go supports, including Linux, macOS, Windows and ARM.
- Please see the Documentation for common usages and change log.
- Want to try it before doing anything else? Do it online!
- Having trouble? Get help with Troubleshooting or User Forum.
- Want to help with localization? Check out the guide!
- Activity timeline
- SSH and HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- SMTP/LDAP/Reverse proxy authentication
- Reverse proxy with sub-path
- Account/Organization/Repository management
- Add/Remove repository collaborators
- Repository/Organization webhooks (including Slack and Discord)
- Repository Git hooks/deploy keys
- Repository issues, pull requests, wiki and protected branches
- Migrate and mirror repository and its wiki
- Web editor for repository files and wiki
- Jupyter Notebook
- Two-factor authentication
- Gravatar and Federated avatar with custom source
- Mail service
- Administration panel
- Supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3, MSSQL and TiDB (via MySQL protocol)
- Multi-language support (29 languages)
- A Raspberry Pi or $5 Digital Ocean Droplet is more than enough to get you started. Some even use 64MB RAM Docker CaaS.
- 2 CPU cores and 512MB RAM would be the baseline for teamwork.
- Increase CPU cores when your team size gets significantly larger, memory footprint remains low.
- Please see Semantic UI for specific versions of supported browsers.
- The smallest resolution officially supported is 1024*768, however the UI may still look right in smaller resolutions, but no promises or fixes.
Make sure you install the prerequisites first.
There are 5 ways to install Gogs:
- How To Set Up Gogs on Ubuntu 14.04
- Run your own GitHub-like service with the help of Docker
- Dockerized Gogs git server and alpine postgres in 20 minutes or less
- Host Your Own Private GitHub with Gogs
- 使用 Gogs 搭建自己的 Git 服务器 (Chinese)
- 阿里云上 Ubuntu 14.04 64 位安装 Gogs (Chinese)
- Installing Gogs on FreeBSD
- Gogs on Raspberry Pi
- Cloudflare Full SSL with Gogs using NGINX
Deploy to Cloud
Software and Service Support
- Drone (CI)
- Jenkins (CI)
- Fabric8 (DevOps)
- Taiga (Project Management)
- Puppet (IT)
- Kanboard (Project Management)
- BearyChat (Team Communication)
- HiWork (Team Communication)
- GitPitch (Markdown Presentations)
- Thanks Egon Elbre for designing logo.
- Thanks Crowdin for sponsoring open source translation plan.
- Thanks DigitalOcean and VPSServer for sponsoring VPS service.
- Thanks KeyCDN for sponsoring CDN service.
This project is under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for the full license text.